January 1st is less than 30 hours away!! I know many of you are probably making the New Years Resolution to lose weight, eat better, and exercise more in 2013. But how many of you are also planning on indulging in too many libations? Nothing wrong with kicking back, reflecting on 2012, getting excited for 2013, but if you have TOO many adult beverages then you wake up in 2013 feeling L.O.U.S.Y and any commitments you made earlier likely end up getting pushed back a day or so while your body recovers from a hangover. This year I plan on SKIPPING the New Year hangover, and instead me and my kids are COMMITTING TO BE FIT!! I have organized a virtual Commitment Day 5K with the blessing of the folks over at the "official" Commitment Day 5K. The closest city to me that is hosting a Commitment Day race is Miami and that is about an 8 hour drive, and though I am as committed as they come that's just too far for a 5K. They even sent me a t-shirt, training journal for 2013, and some other goodies, too
I hope you all have an AMAZING start to your brand new year, and make the commitment to yourself to be more badass in 2013.
Believe in yourself. Believe you CAN DO IT and then expect AMAZING things from yourself. There is no try. You will either do it, or you won't. Make the commitment.
I'll see you in 2013.
As an avid cyclist, adventure/mud runner, and all around fitness buff, the gear that I use has to be functional and stylish Lately, I have been having "issues" with my hair. I have these little wisps that are constantly falling out and getting in my face. I was contacted by Hoo Rag to review their product and let me tell you that I LOVE it!!
Want one of your own?? Watch the vlog below to see what you need to do!!
Steps to win your own!
1. Like this vlog on Youtube
2. Comment on THIS post and tell me what style (ninja, headband, pirate, etc) you'd most likely wear your new Hoo Rag and
3. In the same comment tell me WHAT ACTIVITY you'd wear it (cycling, running, etc...)
That's it! Ronin will draw the winner on Tuesday which happens to be New Years Day.
My buzz word for 2012 was BELIEVE. My buzz word for 2013 is BALANCE.
"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you BECOME by achieving your goals." -Goethe
I use the S.M.A.R.T. method when setting my goals.
My goals for 2013, in no particular order:
1) Learn how to braid my hair
2) Spend more time with my husband. Have at least one date night per month.
3) Spend more 1:1 time with each of my kids. Have at least one date with each of them per month.
4) Run 13 in 13.
5) Pay it forward.
6) Get my own cycle class on the schedule.
7) Get certified in a Les Mills program.
8) Lose 12 pounds by May.
9) Get a sponsor.
10) Attend FitBloggin
11) Continue with WTSP News Channel 10 morning segment.
12) Eat lunch with my kids every Friday afternoon.
What are your goals for 2013??