The beginning.....

by jennifer4. November 2012 22:37

For those of you who don't know me, you just happened to stumble across my blog, my name is Jenny Hodges. I used to be fat. Really fat. Now I'm not.

I lost 212 pounds by following the amazing Weight Watchers plan and exercise, mainly Les Mills group fitness classes and Spinning. Although I do enjoy a variety of fitness related activities now. Like the Warrior Dash, Pretty Muddy, Mud Crusade. Are you sensing a pattern here? I also like to run in road races. 5K's, 10K's, 15K's, 1/2 marathons, and I've recently started dabbling in triathlons.

Jenny and the trio at the Venice Triathlon September 2012

Jenny at the Women's 1/2 Marathon November 2011

And there is so much more that I've done and want to do, but I can't tell you everything in one post!

Monday is my first real day as a stay-at-home-wife/mother. Sure I was one back when my kids were babies (well, they were 3, 4, and 5 when I went back to work), but here is the thing. THEY WERE HOME WITH ME. Now, they are all away at school and I’ll be home alone. Oh what will I ever do with my time? For some reason I don’t think I’ll have any issues finding things to do. For one, I plan on taking some fabulous Les Mills classes at my new gym Strive Athletic Club. I’ll also begrudgingly happily clean through my closets and dressers removing clothing that is too big, towels that are too old, and shoes that I hope to never need again. I’ll also spend some time creating, tweaking, and improvising in the kitchen. I’ll be posting those recipes and I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seat (or not) for those ;)  But most importantly, I plan to be there for my kids and my husband. Being able to drop whatever I’m working on to go and watch a Veteran’s Day performance. Or pick up a kid that just wants to come home isn’t feeling up to par. To make my husband breakfast in the morning and have a clean house and clean kids when he comes home at night. I want to relieve some of his stress. Make our home his castle. Does this sound a little like Leave it to Beaver? Probably. Does it matter? Not to anyone but me J

Oh, and I’ll certainly be going to see Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2.

Tags: , ,

Caroline Calcote
Caroline Calcote
11/4/2012 11:06:24 PM #

Haha! Congratulations! I'm a SAHM (for 10+ yrs) and my days are PACKED. You'll see, in time. But, my house is a wreck and I don't make breakfast for my husband. Also, my closets are all overflowing. I'm not a good SAHM. Smile

Sheri
Sheri
11/5/2012 9:39:43 AM #

Hi Jenny! Amazing story you have; congratulations on all your accomplishments!!  Looking forward to more blog posts as I am a SAHM homeschooling my 2 kids and eating my way through the stress more than I'd prefer....so bring on the inspiration! Smile

Tif
Tif
11/5/2012 3:02:20 PM #

I have loved watching you transform your life, Jenny!  6 years ago when we "met" to now...talk about mind blowing! Can't wait to see your new recipes and adventures as a blogger and whatever else you decide to do with your life!

Jennifer
Jennifer
11/5/2012 3:20:23 PM #

Thanks Tif. It is truly amazing what the body can do when the mind lets go.

Jennifer
Jennifer
11/5/2012 3:22:34 PM #

Sheri, if you don't have the junk in the house you won't eat it! Get rid of it honey!!

Jennifer
Jennifer
11/5/2012 3:44:53 PM #

I mopped my floors today! I feel like superwoman!

Photogrl
Photogrl
11/6/2012 10:19:01 AM #

I'm still in awe of your transformation, and I remember following along with it when you began!

Starting my own now that the twins are 2, I'm 8 weeks into a Run to Lose class and I'm NOT giving up!

Can't wait to read about your life and see your recipes!

11/6/2012 4:50:56 PM #

And I'm excited to see you being your own journey!! Change is so exciting!!