In November 2012, I was fortunate enough to receive a great package from Premier Protein!! I eagerly opened it and immediately fell in love with the chocolate protein shake. At 6 Points Plus through Weight Watchers, it was higher in points than I was used to for breakfast, but I quickly discovered that it held me over longer and allowed for me to work out harder, so it was a good tradeoff. And guys...it tasted GREAT!! Not chalky at all. And I love the pre-made protein shakes. As a busy mom of three kids, I need to just grab and go. I don't have time to get out the blender, measure, scoop, blend, clean, yada, yada, yada.
I shared the protein bars with my gym friends and my kids. The bars are 7 WW P+. And for a long workout day, they are great to cut in half and use to re-fuel. My kids and gym friends absolutely love them!! They do contain nuts, so be mindful if you have a nut allergy. And while they aren't gluten free, it's only because they are made in a facility that produces products with wheat. While we are a gluten free family, I don't stress over cross-contamination. AND...in recent communication with Premier Protein about the whole gluten issue, they responded with this:
"our original protein bars and shakes are not designed to contain gluten, but they are not promised to be gluten free due to the product being produced in a facility with gluten ingredients. However, we do have food-contact surface cleaning processes and allergen control procedures in place."
So, if you watch your gluten but don't stress over CC, these could be a really good fit for you!!
5 LUCKY MetamorFit readers (U.S. only) will EACH receive:
- 6 Premier Protein meal replacement bars: 2 bars in each flavor (Chocolate Peanut Butter, Double Chocolate Crunch and Yogurt Peanut Butter Crunch)
- 4 Premier Protein shakes: 2 shakes in each flavor (chocolate and vanilla)
- Premier Protein nylon bag
What do you have to do to win??
- Comment on this post and tell me which flavor of shake and bar you'd be most excited to try.
AND one of the two items below:
- Like Premier Protein on Facebook and tell them Jenny Hodges is MetamorFit sent you
- Follow Premier Protein on Twitter @premierprotein #proteinpop and @jennymetamorfit and tweet "I want to win a Premier Protein Prize Pack" from and
That's it! 5 WINNERS!!! The kids and I will pick the 5 lucky winners on March 3rd. You can enter more than once if you tweet, tweet, tweet