Runcations and Bling

by jennifer10. March 2013 22:52

This is the year of "bling" for me. No, not diamonds, or rubies, but running medals. Tongue Out I've run dozens of races over the past few years, have loads of race bibs to show for it, but very little bling. That makes me sad, and I made a promise to myself that any race that I paid for this year would involve bling.

As a busy mom of three kids, I don't get to do runcations. What's a runcation? It's a running vacation. A vacation centered around a race. I wish I could do it. Boy do I wish I could. And a great runcation would be one that involved nice bling. Like Disneyland. That would be very cool. I have family in North Carolina and Georgia, maybe they'd be awesome and let me stay with them (and watch the kids Wink) so I could run.

What's better than running for bling? Running for EXTRA bling!!

Digital Running Club is offering a Interstate Challenge for 2013. What's the Interstate Challenge? It's simple and easy. You run 2 races, either 1/2 marathons or full marathons in two DIFFERENT states (so think your home state, and then a runcation) submit your results to Digital Running, they will verify them, and for a few bucks they will send you BLING!! Right now the cost is $15.00 but it will go up if you wait too long! They are rewarding early birds with a cheaper fee, so the longer you wait, the more expensive it will be.
I need to look at the races in Atlanta and Asheville over the summer. I might just be able to swing a trip north for my first ever Runcation.

What about you?? Ever take a Runcation?? Where did you go??

Tags: , , , , ,

Kat
Kat
3/11/2013 10:55:57 AM #

This is the year of the runcation!!

3/11/2013 11:14:09 AM #

I know it, Kat! And I am so jealous! I wish I had been fit and in to running when I was a DINK!!

Nanci @ This Crazy Life of Mine
Nanci @ This Crazy Life of Mine
3/11/2013 11:20:11 AM #

I would love to do a runcation but I am not sure I can swing it. Sounds fun, I hope you find a race you can do this summer and get that bling!

erin
erin
3/11/2013 11:51:25 AM #

I've never take a runcation. But I recently pulled out of my fitness magazine some vacations that have a "fit" aspect to them. I think getting sweaty on vacation will make you feel better than pigging out!

3/11/2013 12:46:05 PM #

I always workout when I'm on vacation, but I've never done a fitness themed vacation. Well, unless you count the PR stuff I did for Les Mills, but that was more business ;)

Michele
Michele
3/11/2013 1:17:47 PM #

Jenny,
Thank you for sharing this information. In January I traveled to my hometown to visit my aunt who had been battling cancer and while I was there I ran a half marathon in her honor - the morning of the race my aunt lost her battle. It was the most difficult run that I have ever done because I could not stop crying. The only comfort I had was knowing that she looking down on me and that she was no longer suffering.
I know this isn't the runcation that you are referring to, but technically it applies.

Kelly Wade
Kelly Wade
3/11/2013 2:40:00 PM #

This sounds like a fun idea as long as you make sure you research what the area, course and weather will be like there before you go. Good for you only signing up for races that give medals! You want to have a token of your hard work, and if you're going to pay to run you might as well get something to show off!

beka @ Rebecca roams
beka @ Rebecca roams
3/11/2013 6:06:05 PM #

I am definitely going to look into signing up since I will have another race in October - the MCM marathon in Washington DC!