Music Monday: Run the World (Girls)

by jennifer15. April 2013 14:51

Yesterday I participated in the all FEMALE Iron Girl race series which was held in Clearwater, FL. I was also honored as the Athleta Power to the She Winner. My oldest daughter, Haley, ran the race as well and she set a new 5K PR. She is amazing and I am so proud of her. We have a LOT of 5K's planned throughout the year, so I can only imagine that she is going to continue to set new PR's with every race.

I'll be getting up a full post about all of that later, but in the meantime, enjoy a little Beyonce in honor of how EMPOWERED I feel right now. I feel strong, amazing. Like I could run the world (literally, RUN like in exercise, not RUN as in politics Tongue Out)

Tags: , , , , , ,

Artsnark
Artsnark
4/15/2013 3:28:02 PM #

Congrats to you both! Fun tune. Wishing you a wonderful week

Run DMT
Run DMT
4/15/2013 4:16:08 PM #

Such a great song!  It's one of my favorites to run too.  I always feel so strong and fast when I run to it.  You and Haley looked so proud yesterday!  What a great day for both of you!

Nichole C
Nichole C
4/15/2013 5:17:41 PM #

I love just about anything Beyonce, lol! That's so awesome your daughter enjoys to run!

XmasDolly
XmasDolly
4/15/2013 5:36:42 PM #

After winning that I would've chose this song too!  ~hehe~  Luvin' this song.  Thanks for joining us and sharin' you pick!

Kim @ This Belle Rocks
Kim @ This Belle Rocks
4/15/2013 7:00:27 PM #

Congrats to the both of you on an amazing run!  I'm so jealous - if I'd stuck with the Couch to 5K program some years ago, I'd probably be running by now, too.  Loved your selection for Music Monday!

Colette @JamericanSpice
Colette @JamericanSpice
4/16/2013 1:49:09 PM #

Congrats to you both!
Very nice song for the meme!

Have a blessed week!

dating sites online
dating sites online
12/25/2013 6:27:13 AM #

I'm so enthusiastic to go to Crystal Bridges! As soon as i'm from school for that semester me and a handful of roommates are heading.

Here is my blog post ::  dating sites online - www.thevideogamingcure.com/.../making-killer-facebook-profile-pick-women