Music Monday: One Tribe

by jennifer22. April 2013 08:42

For today's Music Monday, I am playing One Tribe by the Black Eyed Peas.

Today is Earth Day, and also one week since the tragedy that happened at the Boston Marathon.

We need to remember that we are One Tribe, One Time, One Planet, One Race. Let's be nice to each other; lets be nice to our planet. Let's just be nice.

Try to do something nice for a stranger every single day. It can be as simple as opening the door for someone. Try to do something nice for our planet every single day. Reduce, reuse, recycle. Volunteer at the Great American Cleanup. Buy locally grown produce (or heck, grow your own and then give some to your neighbor, be neighborly.) There are so many opportunities for you to do something.

We are in this together. One tribe.

Tags: , , , , ,

Cathy Kennedy
Cathy Kennedy
4/22/2013 9:24:04 AM #

We should be "one" people, but as long as hatred lives then there will always be division - really sad. Anywho, your Earth's Day musical pick had me boogying in my seat. Thanks for dancing with the 4M crew on Monday's Music Moves Me!

Run DMT
Run DMT
4/22/2013 10:42:43 AM #

Amen, sister.  We all need to do our part to live better together.  In the immortal words of Martin Richard, "No more hurting people. Peace."

Thanks for sharing such an important message and playing along for Music Monday.  Great tune, too!

XmasDolly
XmasDolly
4/22/2013 11:30:43 AM #

Whoa Luvin your choice this bright sunny morning, and the Earth is shining!  Thank the Lord!  The Lord did His part this morning with raising the Sun & letting it shine bright for us on our Mother Earth, and now it's our turn to keep it clean and together.  We totally need to join together to stop the violence amongst ourselves, and the violence being done to our land.  Great choice my friend I've never heard this song!  It totally rocks!  Thanks for joining us, and sharing your thoughts.  The gals from the 4M's thank you & want to say you totally ROCK!

stevebethere
stevebethere
4/22/2013 11:58:55 AM #

Not heard this one of theirs before great choice for Earth Day Smile

Have an earthtastic week Smile

Stacy Uncorked
Stacy Uncorked
4/22/2013 12:57:37 PM #

Ohhhhh Jenny!  I'm LOVING your choice for today!!  And a big AMEN to let's just be nice.  Hear, hear! Smile  Thanks so much for playing along - have a great week! Smile

Lynn
Lynn
4/22/2013 1:39:03 PM #

Great choice for today!

Lora
Lora
4/22/2013 3:09:55 PM #

Let's just be nice! Couldn't agree more. Thanks, good post for today.

Danielle Royalegacy
Danielle Royalegacy
4/22/2013 4:03:43 PM #

This is a wonderful choice for this week!

Have a wonderful day,
Danielle

Julie @Momspective
Julie @Momspective
4/22/2013 5:13:13 PM #

I think this is a wonderful tribute, great choice!

Kim @ This Belle Rocks
Kim @ This Belle Rocks
4/23/2013 12:02:14 AM #

I try to live my life this way every day - just being nice.  And try to do my part in keeping Mother Earth beautiful as well.  I'll never be as socially or environmentally conscious as I need to be, but I can always work towards improvement!

Colette S @JamericanSpice
Colette S @JamericanSpice
4/23/2013 3:30:40 AM #

A very good post and music selection.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Have a blessed week!