42. I am going to be 42. How did this happen?? It has all gone by so fast.
I know I'm not the only one who wonders how this happened so quickly.
Comparing 42, to 32, or heck even 22, I'll take 42 ANY DAY! I am in such a better place in my life. I'm in better health, my kids are older and becoming more independent. I'm married to the same man I was at 32 (though a different man than when I was 22...confession, yes I've been married before.)
Since I'm new to the blogging world I've never published my bucket list before. I'm proud to be able to cross some items off this year!
1. Live on the beach with my husband and kids (I grew up on the beach and want to move back!!)
2. Start CrossFit
3. Visit my family in North Carolina
4. Travel to the Grand Canyon
5. Travel to NYC
6. Dive with Great White Sharks in South Africa (actually anywhere, but since this is a bucket list, I'll go with where the sharks are the biggest!!)
7. Do a Half-Ironman
8. Do a Full-Ironman
9. Run a 1/2 marathon
10. Run a full marathon
11. Attend Fit Bloggin' (this is new to my bucket list!!)
12. Travel to the Giant Redwoods
13. Publish a book (the traditional way, no self-published ebook)
14. Travel with my family to Europe (I've been alone twice, but want to go with kids!)
15. Do a triathlon Not only did I do one, I placed 2nd in my AG :)
16. Attend Comic Con International in California
17. Attend Comic Con in NYC
18. Get another tatoo
19. Start training Competition CrossFit
20. Participate in a CrossFit competition DONE! Did it 10/12/13
21. Get certified in Spinning
22. Participate in a 12+ hour adventure/endurance challenge
23. Do an unassisted pull-up
24. Find a job where I can make as much money as my husband (seriously how frustrating is it that I have more advanced degrees than him, and he makes 4X what I can make....)
25. Take a Disney Cruise
26. Have a post/video go viral!!
27. SCUBA dive the Great Barrier Reef
28. SCUBA dive in Belize
29. Travel to Sweden with my husband (NO KIDS!!)
30. Take a vacation ALONE with my husband DONE!! We went to San Diego for a week in 2011!!
31. Get a dog DONE!! We adopted Matthew in January 2013
32. Take my kids apple picking
33. Be on a talk show DONE!! Multiple times!!
34. Be on a game show
35. Learn to play chess
36. Travel to Las Vegas
37. Be on the cover of a magazine (so close...made it in Woman's Day, but not the cover!!)
38. Go on a hot air balloon ride
39. Go white water rafting
40. Go to a Superbowl
41. Party at Burning Man
........and that's where I'll stop. 41 items for 41 years of life. I hope that I can look back next year and cross off some of these bucket list items!!
What's on your bucket list??