Birthday Bucket List

by jennifer5. August 2013 17:06

42. I am going to be 42. How did this happen?? It has all gone by so fast.

I know I'm not the only one who wonders how this happened so quickly.

Comparing 42, to 32, or heck even 22, I'll take 42 ANY DAY! I am in such a better place in my life. I'm in better health, my kids are older and becoming more independent. I'm married to the same man I was at 32 (though a different man than when I was 22...confession, yes I've been married before.)

Since I'm new to the blogging world I've never published my bucket list before. I'm proud to be able to cross some items off this year!

1. Live on the beach with my husband and kids (I grew up on the beach and want to move back!!)

2. Start CrossFit

3. Visit my family in North Carolina

4. Travel to the Grand Canyon

5. Travel to NYC

6. Dive with Great White Sharks in South Africa (actually anywhere, but since this is a bucket list, I'll go with where the sharks are the biggest!!)

7. Do a Half-Ironman

8. Do a Full-Ironman

9. Run a 1/2 marathon

10. Run a full marathon

11. Attend Fit Bloggin' (this is new to my bucket list!!)

12. Travel to the Giant Redwoods

13. Publish a book (the traditional way, no self-published ebook)

14. Travel with my family to Europe (I've been alone twice, but want to go with kids!)

15. Do a triathlon Not only did I do one, I placed 2nd in my AG :)

16. Attend Comic Con International in California

17. Attend Comic Con in NYC

18. Get another tatoo

19. Start training Competition CrossFit

20. Participate in a CrossFit competition  DONE! Did it 10/12/13

21. Get certified in Spinning

22. Participate in a 12+ hour adventure/endurance challenge

23. Do an unassisted pull-up

24. Find a job where I can make as much money as my husband (seriously how frustrating is it that I have more advanced degrees than him, and he makes 4X what I can make....)

25. Take a Disney Cruise

26. Have a post/video go viral!!

27. SCUBA dive the Great Barrier Reef

28. SCUBA dive in Belize

29. Travel to Sweden with my husband (NO KIDS!!)

30. Take a vacation ALONE with my husband DONE!! We went to San Diego for a week in 2011!!

31. Get a dog DONE!! We adopted Matthew in January 2013

32. Take my kids apple picking

33. Be on a talk show DONE!! Multiple times!!

34. Be on a game show

35. Learn to play chess

36. Travel to Las Vegas

37. Be on the cover of a magazine (so close...made it in Woman's Day, but not the cover!!)

38. Go on a hot air balloon ride

39. Go white water rafting

40. Go to a Superbowl

41. Party at Burning Man

........and that's where I'll stop. 41 items for 41 years of life. I hope that I can look back next year and cross off some of these bucket list items!!

What's on your bucket list??

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Suzi Satterfield
Suzi Satterfield
8/6/2013 1:55:05 PM #

I'd have to put "complete the 17k hike from UNBC, through Forests for the World, up the Cranbrook Greenway to the Ski hill" for mine.  That's something that I've always wanted to do, just me and the dog.

Heather Johnson
Heather Johnson
8/6/2013 1:58:31 PM #

For my bucket list, I want to visit New England with my daughter and hubby; travel to Canada, Iceland, and England/Ireland/Scotland; and get back to Yellowstone a few times.

Denise
Denise
8/6/2013 3:21:03 PM #

Machu Piccu (sp?) and rafting in the Grand CanyonSmile I highly recommend your #25.

Run DMT
Run DMT
8/7/2013 7:58:39 PM #

Awesome list!  We have a lot of the same bucket list items! Go figure!  It must be a Leo thing.  lol Wink

Seriously though, since moving to our 'hood where they launch hot air balloon DAILY, I have been wanting to ride one for years now.  I see them floating in the sky while I run and I think to myself, "Man!  I want to do that!"  So, let's plan to do that together!

I also want to compete in an Iron Man some day.  I hear Augusta is the one to do. ROAD TRIP!!!

Mica
Mica
8/9/2013 10:21:05 AM #

I don't have a bucket list!  I've been so lucky to have done so many amazing things already I've not really sat down to think what else.  You have inspired me to "Dream Big Little Pig" ( a favorite children's book) and create a bucket list.

Muhammad
MuhammadUnited States
9/30/2014 5:45:52 AM #

They contain lots of vitamins and minerals that can satisfy even the biggest hunger but won't make you fat. Negative key words are the words that you DON'T want your ad to show up with. If you have not, you may want to take the time to examine them.

Also visit my site ... Ecosoft.Com.mx/.../entry.php ( Muhammad - Ecosoft.Com.mx/.../entry.php )

Dealsea pizza hut
Dealsea pizza hutUnited States
10/6/2014 1:18:52 PM #

Really when someone doesn't understand then its up to other users that they will assist, so here it takes place.

Also visit my website;  Dealsea pizza hut - http://attireara.info