Last week I confessed that I knew I had gained some weight and I was going to return to Weight Watchers. I had gained a total of 23 pounds in a course of a year.
I felt pretty amazing being back on plan this week. I was excited to weigh-in this afternoon. I wasn't sure what to expect. I was weighing in AFTER my workout, at 12:15 in the afternoon. I had eaten breakfast, drank lots of water during my workout, and was wearing heavier clothing because it's COLD down here in Florida.
James and the kids are all off from work/school so they wanted to come with me since I'm driving a beautiful Audi Q7 from Reeves Import Motorcars for the next few days. This meant that I couldn't stay for my meeting. Which meant that if I had a loss I wouldn't get to celebrate in the meeting and that's one of the things that I enjoy most about Weight Watchers. They stayed in the car and in I went. I took off my shoes, and my hoodie, and stepped on the scale.
I was beside myself when I saw the loss!
-6.6 pounds in ONE WEEK!! I earned my first 5 pound star and got a bravo sticker, too
When I first started Weight Watchers back in April, 2009 my first weigh-in was a loss of 7.4 pounds but I was 285 pounds when that happened!! I wasn't expecting such a big loss when I am a fraction of that weight now.
But should I be surprised?
What did I do right??
- I tracked all my foods, including 0P+ fruits and veggies
- I kept a lot of pre-cut fruits and veggies in the fridge which made it really easy for me to grab and go
- I measured all my meats, and beans (love my Weight Watchers measuring spoons)
- I did NOT eat out ONCE.
- I drank at least 100 ounces of water per day
- I used my handy dandy Polar Loop to track all my steps and activity level and on average had 15,000 steps per day. Those steps really add up!
- I was ACTIVE!! I worked out 5 days including running a 5K with my daughters on Sunday. I earned 66 Activity Points for the week and didn't eat any of them. I also had 46 Weekly Points left, so I totally stayed within my daily points target.
What could I improve on??
Honestly I don't think there was much to improve on this week (well, maybe getting some more sleep.) I listened to my body, to my hunger cues and I was active.
6.6 down 16.4 to go!
I hope you all have an amazing week and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!