SuperBowl Nachos with Taco Guacamole!

by jennifer30. January 2015 08:48

Disclosure: The information and products were provided by General Mills and Publix through Linqia

ONE MORE DAY until the BIG GAME! Of course, I'm talking about the SuperBowl!! While we don't watch football throughout the year in our house, we do watch the Superbowl. Why? Well, my husband and I met on SuperBowl Sunday in 1999, and got married one year later, on SuperBowl Sunday. And while TODAY we celebrate our official 15 year wedding anniversary, we always think of SuperBowl Sunday as our "real" anniversary.

This year is all sorts of wacky. My son broke his leg on Wednesday. A really bad break. He is in a cast up to his hip. So in order to be able to take care of him, I will be working at the library on SuperBowl Sunday so that I can take Tuesday off. That means I prepared our SuperBowl treat a little bit earlier than normal.

Ella and I had to go hit up our local Publix for Ronin's medication and while we were there we stocked up on our favorite Old El Paso products. We also managed to grab our Avocados from Mexico, and I began to formulate a yummy treat in my mind!

I came home from work late last night, and whipped up this tasty treat!

I layered the bottom of my stone pan with the tortilla strips, then added the Old El Paso refried bean, some diced grilled chicken breast, green onions, fresh tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, and placed it in a preheated 425 degree oven until the cheese had melted. Super easy!

This was my finished product!

And then I made some guacamole! I used my 2 Avocados from Mexico, mashed them up, added diced tomatoes and half a pack of the low-sodium taco mix from Old El Paso.

It was SO GOOD!! All 5 of us loved it, and I loved knowing that my son who is trying to heal a very broken leg got in some good healthy fats from the avocados!

And we are offering a SUPER FAST FLASH GIVEAWAY for $15 so that you can buy some of these products for your own Taco and Guacamole party!!

How to Enter: Simply visit Old El Paso and Avocados from Mexico for some recipe inspiration. Come back here and leave a comment telling which recipe you would like to try. That’s it. Could not be any easier!!

Old El Paso

Avocados from Mexico

To learn more about Old El Paso, and download a $1.00 off coupon where YOU can buy an Old El Paso dinner kit, tortillas or taco shells, and 2 Avocados from Mexico, click HERE

Tags: , , , ,

Christa
ChristaUnited States
1/31/2015 11:26:28 AM #

All of the avocado recipes look amazing (I bookmarked the page for later).  I think my #1 to try recipe is the Chicago Style Avocado Pizza.  Drool.

Nikki
NikkiUnited States
1/31/2015 11:35:17 AM #

That pineapple & cucumber guac sounds amazing!

Jacqueline Seevers
Jacqueline SeeversUnited States
1/31/2015 12:30:40 PM #

I want to try the easy beef nachos! I LOVE me some nachos! Nom Nom

I am a nacho girl. Seriously, that is my thing. I think the Crispy Carnitas Nachos on the Old El Paso site look super yummy and the Black Bean, Avocado, & Corn Salsa looks AMAZING. On a side note, I just bought 3 avocados today at Public (10 for $10!!!) and plan on having one of them on BLT's for dinner. Avocados make me happy. Smile

Genesis Rodriguez
Genesis RodriguezUnited States
1/31/2015 1:28:09 PM #

Yummm! I love guacamole so all of those recipes looks delicious, will definitely use one and try something different!

Crystal Hamilton
Crystal HamiltonUnited States
2/1/2015 1:46:28 AM #

Slow-Cooker Carnitas....yumm!

Mike M
Mike MUnited States
2/1/2015 8:14:57 AM #

Definitely 7 layer dip!

April Hammond
April HammondUnited States
2/1/2015 10:30:48 AM #

The cheesey bacon bean quesadillas!

Joan Kubes
Joan KubesUnited States
2/1/2015 6:12:54 PM #

I would live to try the GUACAMOLE AL TOMATILLO CON QUESO FRESCO!

james
jamesUnited States
2/1/2015 6:46:50 PM #

I really enjoyed the nachos Jen made. Yum.

HS
HSUnited States
2/1/2015 10:43:54 PM #

I want to try Tart Pico de Guac recipe.

Amy Lauren
Amy LaurenUnited States
2/2/2015 10:39:47 AM #

I'd try the 7 layer dip recipe.

Jenna @ Make Healthy Easy
Jenna @ Make Healthy EasyUnited States
2/2/2015 11:04:38 AM #

The pineapple and cucumber guac had me at hello. =)

Divya Budhraja
Divya BudhrajaUnited States
2/2/2015 11:36:34 AM #

7-LAYER DIP PLEASE! The more layers, the better.

Sarah
SarahUnited States
2/2/2015 12:09:21 PM #

Yum, love guac!  It is the only way besides baking that I like avocados.

JulieK
JulieKUnited States
2/2/2015 12:12:31 PM #

anything with avocados automatically screams my name! That looks delicious!

Tiffany
TiffanyUnited States
2/2/2015 1:12:49 PM #

Looks so easy and so yumy. Thank for sharing.

Allie D.
Allie D.United States
2/2/2015 1:56:59 PM #

Your guacamole dip looks so awesome!

Raijean S
Raijean SUnited States
2/2/2015 2:03:16 PM #

I love everything about this. I love guac and I love nachos! I need to make these!

Joan Kubes
Joan KubesUnited States
2/7/2015 8:36:14 PM #

I would live to try the GUACAMOLE AL TOMATILLO CON QUESO FRESCO!

Joan Kubes
Joan KubesUnited States
2/7/2015 8:36:31 PM #

I would live to try the GUACAMOLE AL TOMATILLO CON QUESO FRESCO!